At The Simon Law Firm, P.C., Tony proudly handles intellectual property litigation for clients across the United States. He is a registered patent attorney, focusing on representing pharmaceutical companies under the Hatch-Waxman Act, as well as other client’s in intellectual property and business litigation.
Education: Washington University School of Law, J.D.,
University of Missouri – Columbia, B.S., with honors, Biological Sciences, Chemistry
Tony has represented numerous pharmaceutical companies, as well as Fortune 500 companies and individuals in areas such as patent litigation, trade secret litigation, and other disputes.
After graduating from Washington University School of Law, Tony gained experience at a large intellectual property boutique in Chicago where his practice involved complex litigation and, in particular, pharmaceutical patent litigation. More recently, Tony worked at one of country’s largest international law firms, representing companies in, among other matters, patent infringement and trade secret litigation. Tony has represented clients of both sides of legal matters and in a broad range of industries and technologies including pharmaceuticals, medical device, chemical products, and biotechnology, as well as, online retailing, computer software, and networking technologies.
As an integral member of The Simon Law Firm, P.C., Tony handles intellectual property cases for clients throughout the United States. He has extensive experience navigating intellectual property cases during all phases of litigation, from before initiation of a lawsuit through to the appeals process.
Tony has gained specific experience providing representation and consultation for clients involved in patent litigation under the Hatch-Waxman Act. He helps clients develop effective trial strategies and represents companies in patent infringement litigation in the U.S. District Courts and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit.
Tony also offers counsel and advice to clients on freedom-to-operate, licensing, prosecution issues, business transactions, and other issues.
Tony was honored to be selected by Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly as a 2015 “Up and Coming Lawyer.”
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Chicago Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Forest Laboratories LLC et al. v. Sigmapharm Laboratories LLC (D. Del.) – Representing Sigmapharm Laboratories in litigation relating to Sigmapharm’s ANDA seeking to market a generic version of Forest’s schizophrenia drug Saphris® (asenapine maleate).
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. v. Sigmapharm Laboratories LLC (D. N.J.) – Successfully represented Sigmapharm Laboratories in litigation relating to Sigmapharm’s ANDA seeking to market a generic version of Gilead’s hepatitis B drug Hepsera® (adefovir dipivoxil).
- Somaxon Pharmaceuticals Inc. et al. v. Actavis Inc. et al. (D. Del.) – Successfully represented Actavis in litigation relating to Actavis’s ANDA seeking to market a generic version of Somaxon’s insomnia drug Sinequan® (doxepin).
- Viskase Companies, Inc. v. WorldPac International AG et al. (N.D. Ill.) – Successfully defended Viskase Companies in a patent infringement action relating to food packaging technologies.
- Metasearch Systems LLC v. Travelzoo, Inc. (D. Del.) – Represented travel media website in patent infringement action relating to database searching technology.
- Princeton Digital Image Corp. v. Neiman Marcus (D. Del.) – Represented e-commerce retailer in patent infringement litigation relating to use of and technology underlying JPEG image standards.
- Parallel Networks v. Abercrombie & Fitch Co. et al. (E.D. Tx.) – Represented e-commerce retailers and commercial airline carriers in patent infringement litigation relating to internet communications technologies.
- Listingbook, Inc. v. Market Leader, Inc. (M.D. N.C.) – Represented real estate customer management system provider in patent infringement litigation relating to online communications and data management systems.
- dWise Solutions and Services PVT Ltd. et al. v. Razor Insights, LLC (E.D. Mo.) – Represented provider of electronic health records in copyright and unfair competition litigation involving development of electronic health record systems and related technologies.
- Galderma Laboratories L.P. v. Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC et al. (D. Del.) – Litigation involving application to market a generic version of acne medication Differin® (adapalene) gel.
- Shire Canada, Inc. et al. v. Natco Pharma Limited (S.D. N.Y.) – Litigation involving Natco’s ANDA to market a generic version of the serum phosphate reducing drug Fosrenol® (lanthanum carbonate).
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP et al. v. Osmotica Pharmaceutical Corp. (D. N.J.) – Litigation involving Osmotica’s ANDA to market a generic version of the bipolar drug Seroquel® (quetiapine fumarate).
- Tony has successfully represented numerous other defendants and plaintiffs in disputes covering a wide range of technologies and practice areas.
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ 2016-2017
- Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly 2015 “Up and Coming Lawyer"
- Registered Patent Attorney, USPTO
- State of Missouri
- State of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas