Surgical Error Lawsuits in Missouri & Nationwide
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys in St. Louis
Surgery is one of the worst places for an error to occur—but it is something that happens far too often. In fact, according to research from Johns Hopkins University, “never events” happen at least 4,000 times on average every year.
Other statistics, first published in Surgery, include the following:
- Surgeons leave foreign objects inside patients nearly 40 times per week
- Surgeons perform wrong surgery or operate on the wrong location 20 times per week
- Sixty-two percent of surgeons responsible for “never events” were involved in more than one incident
What Are Common Surgical Errors?
Surgical errors can vary and include a variety of different mistakes, such as the following:
- Unnecessary surgery
- Using anesthesia incorrectly
- Using improper surgical instruments or techniques
- Poorly monitoring the patient during surgery and post-op
- Failing to properly plan for surgery
- Leaving behind a foreign object
- Surgery performed on the wrong site or wrong patient
- Injuries to nearby organs
- Permanent nerve damage
Representing Clients Across the U.S.
At the St. Louis-based office of The Simon Law Firm, P.C., our medical malpractice lawyers are committed to representing the legal rights of patients who have suffered from surgical errors. We know anyone facing this type of medical malpractice claim is going through a difficult time, and we are committed to helping them with compassionate, effective counsel. Our St. Louis law firm is consciously designed to handle even the most complex of cases with a perfectly-sized staff to provide personal and efficient legal representation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. Fill out our online form or call (855) 809-7080.