National Birth Injury Attorneys
Seeking Justice for Birth Injury Victims in Missouri & Nationwide
Birth trauma is an injury to a child resulting from complications during labor and delivery. These injuries can lead to lifelong disabilities. If your child suffered injuries during delivery, we can help.
To learn more about how our birth injury lawyers can help you and your family fight for fair compensation, give us a call today. We offer 100 percent free case evaluations!
Common Birth Injuries
There are several forms of birth injuries. Some of the most common include the following:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain Injury
- Subconjunctival Hemorrhage
- Brachial Palsy Injuries (Erb’s Palsy)
What Causes Birth Injuries?
Birthing is one of the most precarious times for a woman. Despite enormous technological advances in the care and treatment of both mother and baby, there are still several factors that can increase the risk factors of a birth injury occurring.
Birth injury risk factors include:
- Size and position of the baby
- Cephalopelvic disproportion (CPD)
- Prolonged labor or childbirth
- Improper monitoring
- Delayed delivery
- Failure to perform C-section
Medical Malpractice & Birth Injury Claims in St. Louis & the U.S.
In some instances, a birth injury can be attributed to medical malpractice. Examples include when the doctor:
- Fails to respond to fetal distress
- Fails to anticipate birth complications
- Fails to respond appropriately to bleeding
- Fails to observe or respond to umbilical cord entrapment
- Delays an order to perform cesarean section (C-section)
- Misuses the forceps or a vacuum extractor
- Administers Pitocin inappropriately
Take the first step toward recovery today by contacting our birth injury lawyers.
Call (855) 809-7080 or fill out our form for a free consult.