Mike focuses on patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets litigation, as well as other complex commercial litigation matters. He has extensive experience handling complex cases through all phases of litigation, including at trial and on appeal.
As a lawyer and engineer, Mike brings a unique perspective to cases involving complex subject matter. Mike also takes on cases involving a wide range of technologies, such as smartphone, LED display, power management, flash memory, automotive, e-commerce, and networking technologies.
Before entering the legal field, Mike developed software for a Fortune 50 telecommunications company. He also gained experience at one of the largest privately held companies in the automotive industry. With a background as an engineer and a lawyer, Mike leverages his knowledge to develop effective legal strategies for cases involving complex, technical subject matter.
EducationMike graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia with a Bachelor of Science, cum laude, in Computer Engineering and earned his law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law. In law school, he served as a judicial extern to the Honorable G. Patrick Murphy for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois and lead articles editor for the Saint Louis University Public Law Review.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- American Inns of Court
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ 2014-2016
- State of Missouri
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- International Trade Commission